Household Hazardous Waste
Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) materials are not collected curbside by the City of Margate and should not be placed with regular garbage for collection. The City of Margate provides residents with convenient options to properly dispose of HHW free of charge either at the Broward County drop off locations or at City of Margate hosted HHW collection events.
City of Margate Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Disposal Events:
- May 23, 2021, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Location: Oriole Park, 7055 NW 1st Street.
COVID -19 SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR UPCOMING EVENTS
To ensure we practice social distancing and follow CDC guidelines, the following safety measures will take place:
- All vehicle occupants must wear a mask.
- Attendees are not to exit their vehicles.
- All items to be disposed/shred must be located in the trunk, hatch or bed of the vehicle (no items will be removed from the cabin of a vehicle).
- Proof of residency is required. For more information, contact the City of Margate’s
- Department of Environmental & Engineering Services at (954) 972-0828.
COVID -19 UPDATE
Broward County will be resuming Household Hazardous Waste and Electronics Collections (HHW) starting Saturday, June 20, 2020. Please note that the County has made operational changes that you need to be aware of which include:
- HHW will be operating under abbreviated hours every Saturday from 9:00 am – 3:00 pm until further notice.
- Resident’s will be required to follow CDC guidelines for social distancing and other safety measures which will be communicated through posted signage located throughout the Centers.
For more information please visit Broward County Household Hazardous Waste or call (954) 357-8850.
Broward County HHW Drop Off Locations
5490 Reese Road
Davie, FL 33314
2780 N Powerline Road
Pompano Beach, FL 33073
5601 W Hallandale Beach Boulevard
Pembroke Park, FL 33023
Saturdays from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Proof of Margate residency is required.
- Aerosol products
- Auto and boat batteries
- Auto and boat fluids
- Cleaning supplies
- Compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs)
- Fire extinguishers
- Fluorescent light tubes
- Lawn chemicals
- Lighter fluid
- Pool chemicals
- Propane tanks
- Rechargeable batteries
- Tires (limit 4)
Items Not Accepted
- Biohazardous waste
- Business generated waste
Containers may not exceed 5-gallons and total quantity may not exceed 25-gallons per visit.