Free Paint Program
The City of Margate is an active participant of "Paint It Broward." The paint is offered as exterior paint free of charge via the City.
Recycled paint is available in 5-gallon containers in the following colors:
- Light Gray
- Off-White (Unavailable)
- Beige (Unavailable)
COVID -19 Recycled Paint Distribution Procedures & Policies
1. Each household is allowed a maximum of four (4) containers per calendar year.
2. Paint is for exterior use only. Paint is intended for personal residential exterior use only, and is not to be sold or used for multifamily and commercial properties.
3. When available, paint is distributed on Thursdays by RESERVATION ONLY between 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. at the Oriole Field parking lot located at 7055 NW 1st Street. Reservations will need to be made in advance, no later than the day prior to distribution. Contact D.E.E.S. at (954)972-0828 for reservation and availability.
4. Proof of Margate residency for the individual present is required. Staff will verify identification and reservation.
5. Pedestrian and cycling traffic will not be permitted.
6. Residents are not to exit vehicles and need to wear a face covering during distribution.
7. Staff will place the reserved paint buckets into the resident’s trunk or truck bed and softly close trunk/bed.
- Trunk/bed must be empty or near empty with ample room for the requested buckets of paint.
- Staff will not empty the trunk/bed or move items in the trunk/bed to make room for the paint.
- Staff will not place paint in the interior/cabin of vehicles.
- If trunk or bed does not have sufficient room for the paint buckets, resident can pull forward out of line, clear their trunk/bed, and return to the line to receive their paint.
Please contact the Department of Environmental and Engineering Services (D.E.E.S.) office at (954)972-0828 if you have any questions about the program.