Adult Day Care
To effectively reduce the rate of premature institutionalization of older adults and giving caregivers peace of mind by providing a safe place for their loved ones.
Day Care Details
Our Adult Day Care environment was designed to accommodate the special needs of clients with physical and/or cognitive impairment (Dementia). The staff provides a safe and structured social setting for our clients.
Every month we create a calendar listing all of the daily events and activities. These are some of the activities:
- Arts and Crafts
- Blackboard Puzzles
- Board Games
- Current Events
- Health Talks
- Luncheons and Parties
Vital signs are monitored monthly.
Lunch is served at 11 a.m. Lunch is made possible by Meals on Wheels.
How To Register For The Program
- Call the ADC office at 954-977-6556, Monday through Friday, to make an appointment for a visit.
- Following the visit, you will receive Medical Forms for a Physician to complete. Either a Tine Test (to rule out TB) or Chest x-ray is mandatory before beginning the Program.
- Return the completed original Medical Forms in person or via mail. Please do not fax the Medical Forms.
- A representative from the Aging and Disability Resource Center will contact you by phone and complete an assessment. Your loved one will then be placed on a waiting list for funding from Broward County Elderly and Veterans Services (Monthly co-payments may apply).
- When funding becomes available, a case manager will contact you to set up an appointment for an in-home assessment. Once the in-home assessment is complete the participant is ready to begin our program.
Private Pay is available for immediate admission.
Transportation is available to and from the Adult Day Care Center for participants residing in any portion of the following cities:
- Coral Springs
- Coconut Creek
- Lauderdale Lakes
- North Lauderdale
- Pompano (west of the turnpike)
Every participant must have a PIN from Broward County or pay an additional transportation fee in order to use our transportation service. For an application to Broward County ADA Paratransit Services please call 954-357-6794.
ADC staff consists of:
- Operations Manager
- ADC Licensed Practical Nurse
- Recreation Specialist
- Certified Nursing Assistants