Can a third party be consuming my water?

If the property is vacant or the hose spigot is accessible, theft may be occurring.  The City recommends purchasing locks for all hose spigots to prevent possible theft of water.  Locks can be purchased at any hardware store.  If the property will be vacant for a long period of time, request a temporary disconnection of service at the meter. This will ensure no water usage. There is a $10 service charge and the request must be made in writing. The monthly basic availability charge for all services still applies.

Show All Answers

1. Why is my water consumption high?
2. What are the payment options?
3. How does new utility service get started?
4. How can an account be terminated?
5. How do I get my water reconnected after hours?
6. What is the information printed on my water bill?
7. If service has been terminated for non-payment, how can service be reconnected?
8. What happens if the utility payment is late?
9. How often will a utility billed be generated?
10. What are e-Bills?
11. What happens if the utility bill is not received?
12. Who handles water line breaks, low pressure, or sewer stoppage?
13. Can the water deposit be refunded?
14. Who handles a water line break after hours or on weekends
15. Can a utility bill be credited for a pool fill?
16. Does the City ever estimate water meter readings?
17. How do residents investigate high consumption?
18. Can a third party be consuming my water?