Curbside Collection Schedule
View Solid Waste and Recycling Map to determine your recycling collection day.
Bulk Waste Schedule
- Bulk waste is collected on a monthly basis from households that receive curbside garbage collection.
- Bulk waste is collected on your second garbage collection day during the first full week of each month. For example, if your garbage is collected on Monday and Thursday, your bulk will be collected on the Thursday of the first full week of the month.
Bulk Waste Guidelines
Bulk items must be placed immediately behind the curb, or within the swale area if there is no curb, by 7:00 a.m. on your collection day.
Bulk waste consists of large household items that cannot be placed in a garbage cart because of its size, shape, or weight. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Electronic equipment
- Fixtures (sinks, toilets, etc.)
- Freon: must be removed from refrigerators, freezers, and air conditioning units by a certified technician and labeled as such by the technician prior to placing at the curb.
- White goods (e.g. refrigerators, freezers, etc.)
Items not accepted
- Abandoned vehicles or vehicle parts
- Any waste that may be dangerous or harmful to individuals handling the waste
- Body waste
- Construction materials (concrete, drywall, tile, dirt, etc.)
- Dead animals
- Flammables and explosives
- Glass items
- Hazardous waste (paint, fertilizer, pesticides, batteries, etc.)
- Liquid waste
- Propane tanks
- Yard waste
For missed pick ups and for additional information regarding bulk pick-up, contact Waste Management online or by phone at 954-974-7500.
Free Bulk and Yard Waste Drop Off
Margate residents can bring their bulk waste and yard waste to the Broward County transfer station located at:
2780 North Powerline Road
Pompano Beach, FL 33073
The drop-off is open Saturdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Proof of Margate residency is required.
- Yard Waste
- Woody items (fencing and lumber)
- Bodily Waste
- Business Waste
- Dead Animals
- Propane Tanks
- Radioactive Waste
Residents are required to offload and place the material in the dumpsters themselves.
There is a 4-visit limit per household per month. Certain vehicles are also prohibited from use at the transfer station.
Visit Broward County website for all requirements and restrictions.