The City Clerk’s Office is comprised of skilled professionals that serve the City Commission by providing the highest level of courteous customer service.
The City Clerk’s Office is responsible for the following:
- Noticing City Commission meetings
- Maintaining Minutes of proceedings of the City Commission and appointed boards
- Processing Public Records Requests
- Conducting City elections
- Processing lien searches and performing any duties required by the Charter, City Ordinance or by the City Commission
The City Clerk also serves as the Records Management Liaison Office for the City to the State of Florida and provides notary services.
Public Records Request
Public Records may be requested by phone, fax, mail, email or in person.
The City Charter is a legal document established by the municipality that governs the City of Margate. You can view it HERE.
Notice of Agency’s Custodian of Public Records
Please let this notice serve as satisfying the requirements of prominently posting the contact information for the custodian of records for the City of Margate. This notice is posted at Margate City Hall, which is the primary administrative building in which public records are routinely created, sent, received, maintained or requested.
Name: Joseph J. Kavanagh, City Clerk
Address: 5790 Margate Blvd, City Clerk’s Office, Second Floor, Margate, FL 33063